December 22, 2012

0

Revlon Selects: Revlon Photoready Primer + Shadow: Swatches and Review

Posted in , ,

Metropolitan 501

So I received this palette in the mail as a part of "Revlon Selects". It is very neutral and shimmery. Here's a picture:

It has five shades in total, including a powder primer and shimmery top coat. I'm loving the silver shade!









Here are the swatches: 

Starting from the left:

  • The first light pink shimmery shade is the primer. It is not a cream consistency however and I am not sure how that is supposed to work..
  • The second shade is the lid shade. It is a warm dark brown matte with the tiniest bit of shimmer. I find that it works better as a crease shade instead of the silver shade. 
  • The third shade is a dark silver and is very shimmery. I prefer to use it on the lid. I think it has a bit of purple-ness to it.
  • The fourth shade is a bit darker than the primer and a bit peachier. It is used as a highlight for the inner corner and brow bone. The shimmer reflects sort of gold-ish and it's super pretty.
  •  The last shade, is a dark antique-gold glitter top coat. It really finishes the look like icing on the cake. It looks really good in the light, although it's hard to see the glitter in my photo.

Overall Impression: I wore this for a party and I really enjoyed the look. I switched the crease and lid colour, but that is my personal preference. It did not crease, or I did not notice any creasing. The colours are incredibly easy to wear and are universally flattering. The packaging tells you exactly where to put which eye shadow, so even a makeup novice can apply with ease! 

Cons: The shape of the crease and highlight pans are very small and there is a lot of fallout for these shadows.

More Pictures:



Left: This is what it looked like on me. You can't really see the different shades. Contrary to the name "Photoready", it does not photograph as well as I'd have liked.




Right: You can see that the different colours are set up so that you can easily apply them where you need!





Hope you enjoyed my review. Please comment and subscribe!

All comments are my own. :)




0 comments: