How to naturally lighten hair!Posted in Hair, Natural
How to lighten your hair naturally at home!
Have you ever wanted to lighten your hair in a subtle way, free of chemicals and expenses? I have a few solutions for you. These natural, at-home remedies help lighten your hair gradually over time and make you look beach-ready and sun-kissed. :) Keep in mind that these methods take a few tries to be noticeable but they save you money in the long run!
- Mix half lemon juice and half water and you can:
- put the mixture in a spray bottle and spray onto your whole head of hair
- apply mixture to a cotton ball and choose places to make highlights
- dip your ends in the mixture to create an "ombre" effect
- When you do this for the first time, I recommend that you sit in the sun for 30 minutes (no longer) to prevent too much damage to your hair. If you are comfortable, you can extend the time to increase the lightening process.
- If you do not have access to sun, try using a blow-dryer
- Rinse thoroughly after you are done and deep condition your hair to restore softness.
- If you have dark hair, it will give a reddish brown lightening effect
Tip: Instead of water, add a bit of olive oil to pure lemon juice and massage into hair
2. Chamomile Tea
- Brew a pot of chamomile tea and you can:
- use it in the shower to rinse your hair daily
- mix it in with your conditioner
3. Honey and Olive Oil
- Mix one tablespoon of honey per ever three tablespoons of water and let sit to develop small amount of hydrogen peroxide. It works better if you have distilled water.
- add a bit of olive oil for moisture
- Apply mixture to hair and cover with a shower cap
- Let it sit for 30 minutes minimum or even overnight
- Shampoo and condition thoroughly to get any stick residue out
4. Cinnamon and Conditioner
- mix one tablespoon of cinnamon with enough conditioner to coat your hair.
- comb your hair to remove any tangles
- apply the mixture evenly throughout your hair, do not miss any spots so that it doesn't turn out streaky!
- leave in for a couple hours or you can sleep with it (WEAR A SHOWERCAP)
Remember that these take time to show results and that you should rinse and condition after using. I can't guarantee that these will work for you! Try all these methods a few times to see what really works for YOU.